Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] calling via diamondcard.us

Hi,

Le mardi 22 février 2005 à 14:15 +0000, Thierry Lepoint a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I installed GnomeMeeting-1.2.0 (Gentoo) in order to take advantge of the
> new PC-to-phone system.
> I obtained a regitration and a PIN numbers from "diamondcard.us". I
> encoded them in the configuration page of Gnomemeeting.

You need to get them from the GnomeMeeting window, not by direct access,
but it seems correct for you.

> How can I get a call to 32-2-5267356 (my office) in Belgium?

First thing is to check that your NAT configuration is correct and that
you can do calls using GnomeMeeting and not the PC-To-Phone provider.

Then, you can go in the preferences, Gatekeeper Settings, Choose
"Gatekeeper Host" are registering method, click on Apply. When you see
that you are registered in the general history, you are ready to do
calls.

Just call h323:003225267356 and it will work.

When you want to do normal calls (GM to GM), you have to unregister from
the gatekeeper. You can do this by going in the Gatekeeper settings,
choose "Do not register" as registering method, click on Apply. When you
see in the general history that you are unregistered, you are ready to
do normal calls.

> My second question is that I have no access to the manual (in Help,
> "sommaire" is not activated).

That's a bug of the package of your gentoo.

> Many thanks in advance to take these question into account.

Notice that 1.2.0 has a bug in the openh323 part, if you load your
kernel with ipv6.o being loaded, it is *possible* that you have problems
registering to the gatekeeper and doing calls. The fix is to wait for
1.2.1, or to unload ipv6.o from the kernel modules.