Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting+speex+gnomemeeting-1.2.0

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:38:57PM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Good, at least we see it crashes in the ZeroConf code.
>
> And I also see that you are running libhowl-0.9.6.
>
> GnomeMeeting explicitely requests HOWL (the ZeroConf library) 0.9.7
> because we are aware that there is a bug in HOWL 0.9.6 and that this bug
> can crash GnomeMeeting and has been fixed in 0.9.7.
>
> That means that :
> - the packages you are using are buggy
> - the maintainer of those packages forced HOWL 0.9.6 to be used when
> GnomeMeeting requested 0.9.7, so he had to modify GnomeMeeting for that.
>
> Would it be possible for you to contact the person who built the
> packages and to put it in contact with us?
>
> All of this wouldn't happen if we had support from RedHat and could
> offer correct packages to our users :(

... you see I am still at work :(

I got GM from http://yum.nrpms.net/

(web site is at www.nrpms.net)

The repo maintainer has been contacted by a friend in the past and he was
responding quite nice - my friend will send e-mail about the howl issue.

My system is fully uptodate Fedora Core 3 which unfortunately still
has howl-0.9.6-6 ....

Thanks

Konrad