Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Suse 9.2 packages?

Le jeu 03/02/2005 à 22:27, Mark Hellman a écrit :
> Steve wrote:
>
> > Is there anyone who can make some Suse 9.2 packages? I
> > know you are busy volunteers...
>
> GnomeMeeting 1.2 came out on 2004-12-12 and, according to the website, SuSE
> 9.2 packages were "coming soon". Now, almost two months later, SuSE 9.2
> packages still are not available...

> On the other hand, Skype 1.0 was released 2 days ago. On the same day it was
> released, packages for SuSE, Mandrake, Fedora, and a static binary were
> made available. Don't be surprised if Skype is getting more and more
> popular...

I shouldn't answer to such a lame email, but I will do it.

We are all volunteers doing this in our spare time. If nobody is doing a
SuSE 9.2 package for GnomeMeeting, don't count on me to install SuSE and
create one except if you pay me. Then I might consider doing this during
the night (did I forget to mention I have a paid job during the day and
that I'm coding on GnomeMeeting only in my spare time?)

We have the same problem with RedHat. They do not make packages for us.
When 1.2.1 is released I will remove from the website the distributions
from which we get no help.

Ah well, and you have the sources, so you can compile yourself. Try to
do this with Skype.

I'm getting sick of Open Source and of e-mails like this one. I have to
refrain from cancelling the whole big thing and getting a life.

Good night,
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com