Re: Better Video Codecs - was Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ideas..

Le vendredi 16 décembre 2005 à 09:52 +0930, Malcolm Caldwell a écrit :
> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 09:47 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:

> > > That is right.

> > > That is right too.
> > >
> > > Any contributor willing to do it?
> > >

> > What I'm willing to say is that :
> >   - I'm working hard on the SIP part and on GM 2.00
> >   - I also need to work on the platform we will ofer with GM 2.00
> >   - the SIP part is far to be done: people request encryption, SIP
> > presence (at least), and support for multiple lines
> >
> > Julien is working on :
> >   - the much requested DBUS support
> >   - the more much requested WIN32 port
> >
> > All of this is done in our spare time.
> >
> > So I don't see video codecs plugins happening before 2007 if nobody else
> > than both of us contribute to them. Either by coding, or financially (so
> > that Craig, or Julien, or myself, or anybody else can do it during its
> > paid work).
> >
> > Do you want to contribute?
>
> I want to, but that is only a small part of the question. :)
>
> Unfortunately, I do not have the skills or the time to do this.

That's unfortunately the main problem. With contributors, or with paid
development, we could do such things. Unfortunately, there are other
things with more priority which will have to be done before :-/
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net