Re: Better Video Codecs - was Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ideas..

Le jeudi 15 décembre 2005 à 09:39 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le jeudi 15 décembre 2005 à 15:36 +0930, Malcolm Caldwell a écrit :
> > Just on the the whole 'better video codecs' thing.
> >
> > I will be brutal and say that gnomemeeting will only every be a 'voip
> > client that can also basic video' until there are better video codecs.
> > h263 at the last, h264 to be a bit more modern, and theora to be 'open
> > source'
> >

> That is right.
>
> > We cannot afford to wait until Craig and Robert implement video plugin
> > codecs.  This might never happen.
>
> That is right too.
>
> Any contributor willing to do it?

What I'm willing to say is that :
  - I'm working hard on the SIP part and on GM 2.00
  - I also need to work on the platform we will ofer with GM 2.00
  - the SIP part is far to be done: people request encryption, SIP
presence (at least), and support for multiple lines

Julien is working on :
  - the much requested DBUS support
  - the more much requested WIN32 port

All of this is done in our spare time.

So I don't see video codecs plugins happening before 2007 if nobody else
than both of us contribute to them. Either by coding, or financially (so
that Craig, or Julien, or myself, or anybody else can do it during its
paid work).

Do you want to contribute?
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net