Re: Better Video Codecs - was Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ideas..

Le vendredi 09 décembre 2005 à 13:26 +0000, JGJones a écrit :
> Starting from beginning:
>
> apt-get remove libopenh323* gnomemeeting libpwl ffmpeg
>
> None of them are now on my machine.
>
>  From the website:
>
> The FFMPEG library
>
> To use H.263 with OpenH323, it is necessary to have compiled version of
> the ffmpeg library for your platform. It is recommended that you use of
> the precompiled libraries for Windows or Linux unless you have some
> specific need to alter the ffmpeg sources yourself
>
> For Linux, download header files and a recompiled library
> For Windows, download header files and a recompiled library
>
> What does this mean? I need a compiled ffmpeg - does this mean I need a
> patched ffmpeg?

Iason Antipariotis gave you a link to the a .tar.gz that contains both
the recompiled library and the header files.

I do :
mkdir /home/damien/CVS/LIBAVCODEC
tar xvzf of the library in LIBAVCODEC
I go in /home/damien/CVS/openh323
and I type :
./configure --enable-rfc2190avcodec=/home/damien/CVS/LIBAVCODEC/

And I get :

checking /home/damien/CVS/LIBAVCODEC//avcodec.h usability... yes
checking /home/damien/CVS/LIBAVCODEC//avcodec.h presence... yes
checking for /home/damien/CVS/LIBAVCODEC//avcodec.h... yes

It works... I don't understand your problem.