Re: Better Video Codecs - was Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ideas..

Starting from beginning:

apt-get remove libopenh323* gnomemeeting libpwl ffmpeg

None of them are now on my machine.

From the website:

The FFMPEG library

To use H.263 with OpenH323, it is necessary to have compiled version of the ffmpeg library for your platform. It is recommended that you use of the precompiled libraries for Windows or Linux unless you have some specific need to alter the ffmpeg sources yourself

For Linux, download header files and a recompiled library
For Windows, download header files and a recompiled library

What does this mean? I need a compiled ffmpeg - does this mean I need a patched ffmpeg?

What is the next step? For linux download header files and a recomplied library - this isn't a ffmpeg binary though. It contains 3 files:

common.h
avcodec.h
libavcodec.so

Since it states I need a compiled ffmpeg what can I do about that? Or do I just go ahead and compile OpenH323 without ffmpeg?

JGJones

Y Ddraig Goch a ddyry Gychwyn
Cymru am byth

BSL Video-Group:

Deaf-UK Technology Wiki
http://bslvgroup.mrdini.com/wiki/Main_Page

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: 1) nerds and 2) normals.

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le vendredi 09 d�cembre 2005 � 12:26 +0000, JGJones a �crit :

I have got that.

OK let's say that on my system:

I have a ffmpeg on my PC that was gotten from Ubuntu resposities.

That won't work.

Now to compile OpenH323 I can use the precompiled libavcodec:

I did that. I ran the command ./configure --enable-rfc2190avcodec=[source of avcodec.h that came from the precompiled libavcodec]

checking libavcodec-0.4.7/avcodec.h usability... no
checking libavcodec-0.4.7/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for libavcodec-0.4.7/avcodec.h... no
configure: Skipping tests for VIC H.263 and non-standard H.263

That is what I get.

Check config.log?

This line puzzles me: checking libavcodec-0.4.7/avcodec.h presence... no

I've checked and double checked and triple checked - it is pointing to the right location of the libavcodec library that I got from the website. Yet when I do the configure it will not find avcodec.h.

Given the full path?

Now do I need a patched ffmpeg as well? Or it doesn't matter which ffmpeg I use?

Yes, use the binary.

JGJones

Y Ddraig Goch a ddyry Gychwyn
Cymru am byth

BSL Video-Group:

Deaf-UK Technology Wiki
http://bslvgroup.mrdini.com/wiki/Main_Page

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: 1) nerds and 2) normals.

Iason Antipariotis wrote:

JGJones wrote:

Given up on the patched ffmpeg

To compile OpenH323 I would have to do ./configure
--enable-rfc2190avcodec=[source of avcodec.h]

Hi,
you can downnload libavcodec from here:
http://www.voxgratia.org/bin/libavcodec-0.4.7-linux.bin.tar.gz and take
a closer look at http://www.voxgratia.org/docs/h263_codec.html ;)