Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GnomeMeeting-list Digest, Vol 19, Issue 23

Le mercredi 30 novembre 2005 à 21:35 -0500, Ariel Pablo Topasso a
écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
>    My view is that GM is a great project, and with release 2 it will
> approach maturity. With SIP-based audio and video, STUN and (maybe one
> day) ICE/TURN support, and a Win32 release, it will become the
> de-facto standard tool for voice & video over IP. I am not sure if
> SIMPLE & Jabber will be there too but they would be a welcome
> addition. I am sure this will fuel the creation of
> community-sponsored, federated  SIP Proxies out there. Add to that the
> (in my opinion) unstoppable evolution of the average-user desktop
> towards Linux and you find that gnomemeeting is here to stay.
>
>     It will be sometime though until we can fully get away from the
> big commercial IM networks, replaced by an open SIP-based network.
> Until then most of us (again, in my view) will have to use two
> clients, or, wouldn't it be great for the user community to develop a
> GnomeMeeting API of sorts so that the GAIM/Kopete folks could
> integrate GM SIP&H.323 voice and video functionalities?

Julien has been working on that (DBUS component), however, gaim people
are less than interested. Sean Egan, the developer of GAIM, has been
hired by GOOGLE to work full-time on adding voice/video support to GAIM.
That can explain why they are not interested.