Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting to netmeeting choppy audio/video.

Hi,

> Well, you are transmitting "Large" video. That is a bit much for a

> classical connection.

yes ... the reason I have set it to "large" was that if I didn't do that, the image was really tiny. Wat is the technical definition of "large"? Is it purely a resolution thing? I see that today there are camera's that go up to 640X480 ...

And what is the solution for sending "large" video? Using another codec? However in the video tab I don't see a menu to choose the codec like one can for audio?

> Also G.711 has no compression, I would suggest installing speex for

> windows and netmeeting.

Thanks! Will try that. Although I must say lately audio is better (video is still a disaster when set to large). Apparently internet connection latency added to the problem...

What is strange is that even in Windows netmeeting to netmeeting is ok, but MSN to MSN is qua audio a disaster. Seems like Windows is using different techniques for both programs... but ok ... for the moment we have one solution that produces acceptable results :-) .

> Philips ToUCam Pro are really good.

Ok - will check the price on that one.

Thanks!!

Jo

--

Jo De Baer

Novell Belgium

jdebaer novell com

--

Join us at Novell BrainShare Europe 2005 in Barcelona!

11-15 September, 2005

NEW LOCATION: Barcelona International Convention Center, Spain

Info and registration at http://www.novell.com/brainshare/europe