Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] HDA INTEL Capture problem.

Le lundi 22 août 2005 à 11:12 +0200, Henri-Damien LAURENT a écrit :
> Hi,
> I am working on a Mandriva LE2005 Box.
> I have an HDa Intel soundcard.
> I downloaded, compiled and installed alsa-lib and alsa-utils version
> 1.0.9 to make gnomemeeting run properly.
> But I still have a craky capture sound with gnomemeeting.
> WMA or RAM sound is scratchy like a vinyl.

During a call or with the configuration assistant?

If it also happens with the configuration assistant, then most probably
your card is crappy when it comes to 8kHz capture. A solution to that is
to edit .asoundrc and force the capture in 44.1kHz, it will then be
converted in 8kHz capture in software mode instead of directly using the
native capture of the soundcard.

Example of .asoundrc :
pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm "hw:0"
                period_time 0
                period_size 1024
                buffer_size 4096
                format S32_LE

        }
}

You would add the samplerate parameter there, and then choose the
"Default" device in GnomeMeeting. Not sure the sample above is 100%
correct, it is up to you to tweak it until it is!

> But worse, capture configuration is lost whenever I restart. I have to
> run alsamixer, deselect and reselect Mic Entry to make capture work.
> That seems quite odd to me.

That's a Mandriva problem then. It should store the configuration when
you do a shutdown, using alsactl save. When it the machine starts,
alsactl restore is called and it should restore the last settings.