Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] not receving sound PC-to-phone

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le mardi 26 avril 2005 à 21:43 +0000, Thierry Lepoint a écrit :
Damien Sandras wrote:

Le dimanche 24 avril 2005 à 12:25 +0000, Thierry Lepoint a écrit :

Hello,

I installed GM-1.2.1. All the configuration tests (in particluar sound test) were successfull. I can almost phone to a person, i.e. I can make a phone call, the person can hearme but I cannot receive his/her voice whatever are the modifications in the sound configuration.

My machine is behind an iptables firewall that I configured myself. STUN is activated.

Most probably there is an error in the configuration. You should first
call 123 using the PC-To-Phone account, it is an echo test, and it won't
cost you money, that way you can test as much as you want.

Thanks a lot, Damien (sorry for the delay in this response). Indeed, 123 sent me a women voice :-) The fact is that I could not phone at home on the same phone-line on which my ADSL is connected. However I succeeded in calling a friend. The echo appears to be very high in his phone

Are you using a headset or a microphone+speakers?
As a matter of fact, I am using a laptop with an integrated "mic+speaker".
I also tried a headset ("ednet") with the same result.

Symptoms are:
- I can hear correctly the remote speaker,
- he (or she) can hear me correctly,
- he (or she) hear his (or her) voice after a delay of about 1 or 2 sec :-(

STUN is activated, but what type of NAT does it report?

"NAT avec restriction de port". Should I send my iptables rules?

No, that's ok, that is a correct possibility which proves your setup is
ok.

Thanks for any suggestion. My best to all of you.

Thierry

My best, T

--
Thierry Lepoint

web site    : http://www.first30.org
H.323 phone : callto:ils.seconix.com/thierry lepoint tiscali be
L'Europe fédérale est une coquecigrue.