Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] longrun GM

Yoriaki FUJIMORI a �it :

(1) I started testing 1.2, but it crashed on one of our PCs,
so that we are not yet ready to switch to 1.2 from 1.1.
This is why I am still using 1.1.
1.2.1 is out ; you may wish to give it a try.

(2) The symptom is that when I run GM on KDE with autostart
setting for a particular user on the remote site, I can call
to that PC for a while, but sooner or later---for a few dys or a week,
the remote side, so suddenly, cannot pick up incoming call.
At first, I set up onboard intel ICH4, and then switched to usb-audio
(Phillips psc805?).  A similar situation took place with usb audio.
As for usb audio, I read in one of Japanese URLs, that usb audio stops
functioning properly (no sound) when run for a long time.
I don't understand why not being able to pick a call points to an audio problem... if it were answering and getting no audio, I would understand. But not even answering...

(3) I try to control the remote PC, but until a cold reboot is made,
it does not work.
If the remote box is crashed, gnomemeeting is probably not the culprit (and neither is audio)

(4) Some of my wish lists:
(a) It is desirable that GM can be invoked in the batch mode with
   options from the shell.  Maybe 1.2 is less dependent on
   gconf, but as far as 1.1 is concerned some of setting for GM are
   not saved properly, I guess.  Often the volume level on the panel
   of GM is 0 level.  I want to stop this.
Alsa issue, I would say.

(b) GM1.2 shows side-by-side videos, instead of big remote-small local
   videos.    A big side-by-side view is really too big.
If I remember well, this is still available.

(c) Manipulating with mice is not easy for aged people.  But, they can
   use arrow keys, for example.
Could you precise what is not easy to manipulate in gnomemeeting?

I hope we'll be able to help,

Snark on #gnomemeeting