Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gatekeeper registration failed

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le vendredi 08 avril 2005 à 10:58 +0200, Luca a écrit :

Well as far as I understand NAT stands for Network Address transalation.
But it is used in case of private Ip adresses.
In my case my ip address is public in the sense you can for example connect directly to my apache using a normal web navigator, you can ssh and so on.

So the machine on which GnomeMeeting is running has a public IP?

The problem is that probably the udp ports are closed so that the STUN is unable to comunicate with my computer.....can it be the case?

You do not need STUN with a public IP.

What happens is that you have a firewall on the machine running
GnomeMeeting, disable it, and it should work and you should hear the
message when calling h323.voxgratia.org.

I mean even if no NAT is used by my router (I think this is the case for public IP) the firewall can still block incoming UDP packets so that the STUN cannot connect me through UDP....

I don't think so. If it is a router, without private IP addresses behind
at least.

Am I understanding it correctly?

I have tested with a friend in the same departement and gnomemeeting works locally (i have no firewall on my machine running) Then I phoned to the central firewall administration and they confirmed me that ALL the UDP ports are closed.
Some TCP ports are opened by the way.
So can I hear h323.voxgratia.org sound with only TCP ports opened?
Luca