Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gatekeeper registration failed

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le jeudi 07 avril 2005 à 21:17 +0200, Luca a écrit :
Damien Sandras wrote:

Le jeudi 07 avril 2005 à 19:33 +0200, Luca a écrit :

I have to give up then :-(
not yet.

Is there a possibility to try GM on your own router?
That way, if it works, we know the problem is not because of the
university router.

have to ask to the system admin....
I will tell you something but is it a router or a firewall problem?

Most probably a NAT problem.
Well as far as I understand NAT stands for Network Address transalation.
But it is used in case of private Ip adresses.
In my case my ip address is public in the sense you can for example connect directly to my apache using a normal web navigator, you can ssh and so on. The problem is that probably the udp ports are closed so that the STUN is unable to comunicate with my computer.....can it be the case? I mean even if no NAT is used by my router (I think this is the case for public IP) the firewall can still block incoming UDP packets so that the STUN cannot connect me through UDP....
Am I understanding it correctly?