[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: problem with gnomemeeting

Le lundi 04 avril 2005 à 17:39 -0400, Karima Velasquez a écrit :
> i didn't recompile it with the new libraries. i really don't know how
> to re-compile a rpm. i installed the two tarballs of the libraries
> because i NEED the source code for my project, but besides that, i
> don't have that much experience with source packages (only use binary
> packages). can a rpm be recompiled? and how?

If you upgrade the libraries, manually, and if the API has changed, then
you need to recompile GnomeMeeting too. However, it is possible it
doesn't compile anymore with the new libraries. I would suggest, if you
need to develop, that you uninstall all RPMS
(openh323/pwlib/gnomemeeting) and install from sources.

It is explained in the FAQ on www.gnomemeeting.org, so it should be
feasible.