Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Make a call test with cisco Router

Le lun 13/09/2004 à 22:16, Volkan KUMBASAR a écrit :
> Hi Alexandre,
> First I will thank you for your email. I am a new in the Cisco Technology so I
> have many trouble with it.
>
> I type the command that you send me and I saw that the E1 is down ? I haven't
> any idea how can I make I up. Now I am searching for the right command. the
> actually configuration of the Cisco does another guy not me. I want to learn
> the Cisco Router.. I know only basic commands.

Try "show cont T1", in case you're in the US.
PS: The E1/T1 is the channel that connects your router to the PSTN
(Public Switched Telephone Network, the 'regular' phone network). Unless
you have another way to connect (a 2-line BRI for example), you have to
have an E1/T1 linked to a PSTN service provider. When he enables the
line on his side you'll see the Cisco E1 (or T1) controller go up,
meaning your gateway is successfully connected to the PSTN.

> Your request Information is:
>
> dial-peer voice 1 pots
>  preference 1
>  destination-pattern 212T
>  direct-inward-dial
>  port 3/0:1
>  prefix 0212

Seems ok but I'm not sure you need the additional '0' here. It depends
on your Telco's numbering plan, but you can try 'prefix 212' instead,
and then dial a 212 number from GnomeMeeting.

> dial-peer voice 2 voip
>  destination-pattern 1000
>  session target ipv4:195.174.69.40
>  dtmf-relay h245-signal
>  codec g711ulaw

Only needed for incoming calls (from the PSTN), and note that the public
number should end with 1000 in order to match your pattern.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>