Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Website updated

Hi,
 I did look into skype a while ago.

They are encrypting packets - that is a feature I suppose, but it does
make it harder to work out what is going on.

I have used skype to skype calling, and experienced delays of 20 seconds.
 This "seems" to be associated with not enough bandwidth.

Many claim the voice is better quality. They may be using 12 khz samples,
not 8khz.
Or 24 bit samples, not 16 bit.

Or the quality may simply be the use of mic+headphones, which avoids the
use of telephone handsets.

Derek.