Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] SuSE9.1 and GM

Dear Yoriaki;

I am using firewire cameras with kernel 2.6.
There is not problem with drivers, rather there is
problem with clients.

load video1394 module, and all the ieee1394 modules
required, and you will have a /dev/video1394/0 device.
An easier way of doing this is to compile all the 1394
stuff as modules, then activate hotplugging. The
kernel will plug necessary modules.

See coriander or camwire or dc1394-ffmpeg
(http://www.rmatsumoto.org/camera/dc1394-ohphone.html)

this dc1394-ffmpeg is the most practical amongst the
rest, it compiles, and works but there is a small
glitch. I have contacted the author, but no success,
he is Japaneese, maybe you can try to get in touch
with him???

gnomemeeting btw, does work with firewire cameras, if
you compile pwlib with libdc support. you can even
compile pwlib with libavc and libdv, to get it working
with a handycam type camcorder (I have not done, but
is
possible)

Good luck, and please share your experiences if you
get anything positive...

Greetings
-OB

--- Yoriaki FUJIMORI