Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] creative voip blaster

Le jeu 02/09/2004 à 09:53, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> I know at least one user who was using a Voip Blaster with GnomeMeeting,
> at least a long time ago.

That was me :-)
I used the VoIP Blaster back in 2002, with both ohphone and
GnomeMeeting. The driver is still present at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/voip-blaster. Don't use the one at
http://voipblaster.sourceforge.net.

> There exists somewhere a driver for the VoIP Blaster that permits to
> emulate a Quicknet card, it should work with GnomeMeeting.

At least it used to on 2.4 kernels. I didn't try it since I switched to
2.6, but I'll try to have a look when I get some time.

> The person I'm talking about is in CC, so perhaps he can give you some
> help.

I'll be glad to do so. Fell free to mail me off-list (I'm just
subscribed to the ml's digest and I must admit I don't read it quite
often :-() if you have any trouble.

IIRC, Malcolm Caldwell (who shows up sometimes on the GM-dev ml) used to
work on this driver, so he might be helpful (if I'm not mistaken :-))

PS: The device is no longer available from Creative, but might be from
Innomedia (Creative was selling these as OEM devices). Very good product
for only $20!

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>