Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 1.2 nearly ready!

Hello Damien,
I have only to say thank you to you and to all Gnomemeeting coders, as I'm using gnomemeeting everyday to speak with my girl..

Seriously.. I think gnomemeeting is the best voice (and video) comunication tool for Linux... I think there is plenty of space on the web for an open source project like this.. I'm rather waiting for a Windows port.. Netmeeting is a "dead" product, sticked with an old version oh h323 ;-)

Damien Sandras wrote:

Hello to all,

You can consider GnomeMeeting 1.2 as ready.
I still have a few bugs to fix with Craig regarding STUN support, the
PC-To-Phone account window to improve, but except that we are ready for
a release, no major new features should be added now. At least nothing
that could affect GnomeMeeting's stability.

I will keep you updated about the dates for the strings freeze, and the
code freeze. I think that we can hope having a release mid-November.

GnomeMeeting now has many concurrent projects, I do not know if it still
interests people. I will continue coding a few months, bring SIP
support, then decide if I continue further or drop it to finally get a
life without sacrifice for Free Software.

Anyway, if you want to test, it is now or never. Binaries can be found
on http://snapshots.seconix.com for RedHat, SuSE and Debian. The current
CVS state should pretty much reflect what the release will be.

Thanks to those of you who are supporting me,