Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Slackware 10 and Gnomemeeting

hi

Do like this:

1. gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean-schemas (as root)
2. gnomemeeting-config-tool --install-schemas (as root)
3. gnomemeeting-config-tool --fix-permissions (as root)
4. gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean (as a user)
5. start gnomemeeting (as a user)

That should fix everying, note that all your seetings for gnomemeeting will be reseted.

Cheers Johnny

Akileo wrote:
Hey guys, I am writing this message in the hope of getting an
idea of what to do to install Gnomemeeting the right way.
I downloaded the installation packages for Slackware 9.1 and
only get this message when trying to get Gnomemeeting to run:
Gconf key error

GnomeMeeting got an invalid value for the GConf key
"/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age".

It probably means that your GConf schemas have not been
correctly installed or the that permissions are not correct.

Please check the FAQ (http://www.gnomemeeting.org/faq.php), the
throubleshoot section of the GConf site
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/) or the mailing list
archives for more information (http://mail.gnome.org) about
this problem.

I can get all other applications to work, and I cannot find
that file, so I would need some advice, if at all possible.
I installed Slackware from the first two CDs, and I made a full
install. If you need any specs on my computer, please let me
know.

Thank you in advance.

Fernando Bobbio