[GnomeMeeting-list] Compro Video Camera PS39U

I am using Mandrake 10 and the PS39U is not recognised, except as a usb device. I contacted the present web site, for the device, and e-mailed them for Linux support.
They informed me very rudely!, that they did not support Linux!.
I considered breaking the damn thing up into small pieces, and mailing it to them!.
However commonsense prevailed and I decided to seek further advice.
Is it possible therefore to use this device under Mandrake 10 ?.
Or do I consign it, to the garbage bin, of MS only, devices.
Many thanks,
Stan Lawson