[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GnomeMeeting Question on Far End Camera Control

Mike (and if you don't mind, a copy to the GnomeMeeting list),

DOn't know the answer to your question about far end camera control. As far as I know, this is not yet a feature of GM, although it would be nice if it were. Also, we seem to have lost this feature recently with the existing H.323 system when used with our Polycom ViewStations, not sure why.

On the Codian products page, I see the following:

Controlling Remote Cameras

One of the features that is often lost when using an MCU is the ability to control the camera at some of the remote locations.

With the Codian MCU this can be done by using either the web or the remote control. Press the Zoom In key, and the display will show an icon in the top left corner of the screen indicating that Up, Down, Left, Right and Zoom camera commands are being sent to the remote end.

It is also possible to control a remote camera using the web page; this is useful for users of endpoints such as Net Meeting which do not allow Far End Camera Control (FECC).

I would be interested in hearing more from existing GnomeMeeting users and developers about far end control, and from Codian about what they mean in the above about it being possible "to control a remote camera using the web page."

GM pages at http://www.gnomemeeting.org