Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help with xdap in gnomemeeting

On mar, 2004-03-16 at 15:24, surya wrote:
> Dear all ,
>       Need urgent help , I am connecting through gnomemeeting to an ILS (windows based ) . I am not shown in the list after connecting , no users were able to see me even though I am able to chat with them . I have read in the docs that I need to use something called xdap . I have no clue how to use that . Kindly help me in configuring my gnomemeeting in such a way that my name is seen in the listing through xdap.
>
> awaiting reply ,

Damien gave you a fix, but didn't explain the reason of the problem:
when netmeeting connects to an ils server and the user asks "I want the
list of people on this server", netmeeting turns to the server, and asks
"I want the list of people on this server who use netmeeting".

Hence, if the server is honest, gnomemeeting users won't appear in the
listing. Only ils.seconix.com is a liar, and conveniently forgets the
"who use netmeeting" part, that is why netmeeting users see gnomemeeting
users there.

Snark on #gnomemeeting