[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: gnomemeeting

Le jeu, 24/06/2004 à 13:42 +0300, Dmitry Korochkin a écrit :
> Hello from Ukraine

Hello :)

> First of all - very good soft!

Thanks!

> I have one question:
> Our organization have it own ldap server.
> If i write it`s address to gnomemeeting`s ldap field it is not working.

Indeed, only GnomeMeeting Unstable (CVS) is able to browse LDAP
directories.

> I could not search any man in address book.
> There is just ip address in gnomemeesage`s ldap fieled. Or there must be
> smth more ?

Actually, if you want to browse LDAP servers, you need to :
- use GnomeMeeting CVS (we have snapshots on snapshots.seconix.com for
many distributions)
- tell what LDAP attribute must be used when calling
- use an external system to resolve the value of that LDAP attribute
into an IP address for you

For example, a typical example would be this one :
- you have an LDAP server, and use rfc822Mailbox as call attribute
- people register to a gatekeeper (www.gnugk.org e.g.) with their email
address and a password
- when you double click on somebody in the LDAP server, it looks the
email address, contacts the gatekeeper and establishes the call.

That's one of the numerous ways to deploy gatekeeper/LDAP integrated
with GnomeMeeting in a company.

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org