Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: OSS setup for GM 1.0.2

Le mar, 22/06/2004 à 17:17 -0400, AG a écrit :
> I've installed 'kickstart' and it seems to be working. I heard an incoming
> call, got busy signals etc..
>
> Still seem to have problems with my internal mic. Druid still locks up
> during the audio setting process. It typically occurs when I click the
> 'ok' button after testing the mic. This is repeatable with aRTs shutdown.

That's something I have tried reproducing here and it is not repeatable.
I think GM iswaiting that the device is closed, but it never happens for
some reason.

> I hear distinct 'pops' coming from the speakers, while testing the
> microphone.
>
> There must be a method to test the mic outside of GM.  Maybe I will be
> 'forced' to get ALSA working correctly w/dev/dsp0 ?

No, it should work with OSS, but ALSA is really the recommended way.

> Resuming 'aRTs' all sound(system/apps)works fine from /dev/dsp0.
> I've not tried testing the mic outside of GM.

Try:
 cat /dev/dsp1 > /dev/dsp0

It should redirect the input of the mic to the output of your card.

Doing calls could work, but then GM will probably fail to disconnect.