Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] [Q:] Cisco VPN client + gnomemeeting version 1.0.2

Am Sonntag, 20. Juni 2004 17:30 schrieb Holger Unterbrink:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using the following setup:
>

> LinuxPC1(Gnomemeeting+VPNclient_IPsecVPN)---Inet---Router2---LinuxPC2(Gnome
>meeting)
>

> On LinuxPC1 I have a Cisco VPN CLient running that dials into the
> Router2. The Cisco VPNclient does *not* use some kind of virtuel
> Interface, it just intercepts the network stack. Unfortunatly, it seems
> to me that gnome meeting just pics the IPaddress from eth0 for it's call
> setup. The result is that the video stream only works in one direction,
> cause LinuxPC2 tries to send his UDP video stream to the IP addr of eth0
> of LinuxPC1, instead of using the virtuell IP addr.
>
> The question: Is there any way to tell Gnomemeeting, not to pic the IP
> address automatically from the phy. interface ? Is it possible to
> specify the source IP addr. manually ? If not, could someone point me to
> the responsibile sourcecode files, which get the IP address for the call
> setup ?
>
> TIA
> holger

Maybe you should try out the opensource client for Cisco VPNs, you can find it
at:
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/
It is a userspace implementation which does not mess around with your kernel,
using the tun device. It works with any kernel version since 2.4 which has
tun support. Many people here at University are using it, including me. I did
not test it with GM, but it does not do any black magic with the kernel  so
it should work.

Stefan
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/