Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Bandwidth limitations in GM

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:16:16 +0300
Johnny Strom <jonny strom netikka fi> wrote:

> Craig Southeren wrote:
> > I doubt that *any* combination of existing codecs could use 10Mbps, let
> > alone 1Gbps. Maybe if we added a HDTV codec with 5.1 dolby sound, we
> > might get close.
> >
> > Seriously though, if the current GM allows 10Mbps then there is no
> > problem, other than making sure it is displayed as such.
> >
> >    Craig
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:26:21 +0300
> > Johnny Strom <jonny strom netikka fi> wrote:
>
> Well the point is if I use a good TV card and put the slider to
> 100KByte/s then the video is jumpy, the qulity is good
> but I only get like 2 to 3 frames per second that is the problem
> right now I would like to get at least 20 frames per second.

That might be a problem with your video card, the card driver, or the
amount of MIPs on your computer, rather than GM.

> This high video quality will be needed just in one to two years from now
> and at some places it is already a reality.

I agree, but Open Source means you get what other people want to give
not what always what you want :)

> I also tried to put background blocks to 20 but it seems not to help much.

I have no idea what this means ;)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren, craigs postincrement com http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 GnuPG Public Key:  http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:              http://www.southeren.com/blog/