Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Bandwidth limitations in GM

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le jeu, 17/06/2004 à 10:26 +0300, Johnny Strom a écrit :

Hi

This bandwith limitation is starting to be a problem here quite soon,
I would like to be able to say that one can use GM with really high
quality and high frame rates 25/s here becouse we are starting to plan and build fiber networks here to the home. Fiber networks can be the next big thing and it would be nice to be able to use GM on these networks. We need GM to be ready for the future and the future is
already here at some places.

So I am talking about networks that can deliver 1Gbit/s.

I can add a checkbox for the limitation for 1.2. Notice that CVS doesn't
permit you anymore to choose the framerate/quality as it was confusing
for most users. It is replaced by a quality/speed slider.

The slider is fine and very nice I like it :) but the bandwith limitation is way to low for future networks.

Craig Southeren wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:09:28 +0200