Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Yet more problems with NetMeeting

Am Samstag, 31. Juli 2004 18:08 schrieb Colin Paul Adams:

>     Kilian> Hi Colin, Am Do, den 29.07.2004 schrieb Colin Paul Adams
>
>     Kilian> um 18:18:
>     >> >>>>> "Kilian" == Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> writes:
>
>     Kilian> Hi Colin,
>
>     >> >> This time I get a message - no common codec
>
>     Kilian> With MS-GSM installed on the Windows running NetMeeting?
>
>     >>  I don't know - how does one find out?
>
>     Kilian> have the netmeeting user go to www.gnomemeeting.org. There
>     Kilian> have her download from the windows section the
>     Kilian> instcodec.exe and run it. After she clicked install it's
>     Kilian> gonna be a common codec you can use with her.
>
> She never saw a button that said install. Instead she got a message:
>
> class not registered

Unfortunately the README for installation has vanished. Follow these
instructions:
-----------
http://www.vittorio.lacab.it/install/netmeeting/README.txt
--------
instcodec.exe is a program to install a GSM codec into NetMeeting 3.01

It was obtained from the Microsoft NetMeeting SDK and was compiled
with no changes.

You must copy instcodec.exe into the directory NetMeeting was installed to.
Usually this is Program Files/NetMeeting.
You can then run instcodec from the NetMeeting directory and Add or Remove
the MS-GSM codec.
You must ensure NetMeeting is not running while you run instcodec.exe

Note, the MS-GSM codec is slghtly different to the GSM codec.
Fortunatly OpenH323 can recognise both GSM and MS-GSM.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/