Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting to gnomemeeting connection breaks after ~30sec

>> When I connect to a netmeeting Windows 2000 machine on my LAN (no firewall 100 Mbps ethernet),
>> the video freezes briefly every second or so, and after about 30 seconds, the connection drops.

> That's because you do not receive data from the Netmeeting side. Make
> sure it is not because you are behind NAT. If you are not behind NAt,
> then you can disable "drop the call after 30 seconds of inactivity".

Thanks for that.
Yes sending audio (or unsetting "drop call") fixed the dropped call problem.

I still have the freezing video every second. (both the local video on the GM
end and the video received on the NM end) freeze. It's a lot more noticeable
(naturally) when the video bitrate is raised. I have smooth video (say 10fps)
for 0.8 seconds (approx) then freeze for 0.2 sec. Audio both ways is continuous,
only the video is interrupted.

There is no NAT (I've disabled iptables).

>> This is with the picture size 'small'.  If I try with picture size 'large' I get no video at
>> all on the netmeeting side.

> Indeed, some Netmeeting versions do not support to receive large video
> and display nothing.

This worked using GM 0.9 but broke when I upgraded to 1.0, so it's not a bug
in NM.

Michael