Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] No audio with netmeeting

Le ven 02/07/2004 à 17:17, George Bell a écrit :
> I have established a call between netmeeting and gnomemeeting, where each side
> is receiving video from the other but neither can recieve audio.  The user
> running netmeeting is on a completely different network than the user running
> gnomemeeting, and each is behind a firewall/NAT router but that does not seem
> to be the problem.    The call is initiated by the netmeeting user, and the
> General History indicates that the audio codec(MS-GSM) is opened where the
> netmeeting was configured to use this codec.  The sound apears to be
> configured properly so the problem must be somewhere with the protocol or the
> routers.  Running tcpdump on the gnomemeeting side during the call I noticed
> UDP packets received from the caller on ports 5004, 49598, and 49600.  This
> differs from the UDP ports mentioned in the FAQ:  5000-5007.   Does this
> indicate some incompatibility between gnomemeeting and netmeeting?  Is there

No, the ports in the FAQ are the ports used by GnomeMeeting, not by
Netmeeting. Netmeeting can have any port number as source port.

> some way to get the audio working ?

Sure, but you do not give enough information about the problem, so
helping you is hard. If video is ok, I suppose the firewall and NAT are
ok, but they might not be.