[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [Linux-drivers]Internet PhoneJACK PCI installation on FedoraCore

Le 28/1/2004, "Optimized" <mail optimized org> a écrit:

>Damien,
>
>Following to the discution we had earlier today on #gnomemeeting I can
>tell you the following :
>
>- GM works fine with other netmeeting or gnomemeeting users
>(http://optimized.org/images/screenshots/gm-2004-01-28.png). Note that I
>use the Quicknet device for audio and it works nicely.

Great, that was not the case yesterday evening :)
I see however your Round-Trip-Delay is 1000ms, that is very high, you
should change your video settings to a lower quality. Or set it to small
if you manually set it to Large. The config assistant should give you
default values that are the best for your connection type.

>- GM's preferences and routing settings (Cisco SOHO 97) seems OK since I
>can receive incoming calls from netmeeting and gnomemeeting users and I
>can also register to user directory (ils.seconix.com). NAT ip
>translation doesn't need to be enable to do so. I can also make calls
>too.

That is because your router supports H.323 then.

>- The only problem I get is when trying to use the MicroTelco account. I
>get the Transport error.
>
>So my point is, if I would need to enable IP translation in order to use
>the MicroTelco account, I would also be unable to use any types of
>communication without it right ? As I told, everything else works fine.

No. I will explain again what I already explained you and what should be
in the FAQ ;)

If your router supports H.323, you do not need IP Translation and you do
not need port forwarding. However, most routers support H.323 do not
support H.245 Tunneling and Fast Start (are you using them?), but
MicroTelco requires them to be enabled to be able to work.

If your router doesn't support H.323, you need IP Translation, and you
need port forwarding.

If your calls do not work with IP translation enabled, that means your
router becomes confused because of it, and that also means it supports
H.323. If you can make calls only with H.245 Tunneling and Fast Start
disabled, that means that your router supports old H.323; and won't
work with MicroTelco. You have 2 solutions: change your router, or
contact Quicknet support to ask them if their service can work with H245
Tunneling and Fast Start disabled.

You are currently using port forwarding on a router that natively
supports H.323 and where it is not required. That is confusing.