Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Hi! Reg Gnomemeeting and Familiar.

Hi Lakshmi,

> 1) I see that Gnomemeeting is similar to Netmeeting supported
> in Linux.
>
> I would like to know whether VideoConferencing is possible
> through this and how easy it is to port the application
> to Familiar distribution of Linux. But I am atleast
> sure that GnomeMeeting should atleast support VOIP.

GM can do connection to NM in most cases.. there's some video size issue
which can't be reproduced properly, so let's put it: "it works with NM"

> 2) Can multiple sites do Netmeeting or Videoconferencing through
>    this? or is it only point-to-point.

GM alone is Point-2-Point, but you can make use of MCUs if you have some
around your net..

> 3) Are there any readily available supported applications
>    (For IP VideoConferencing) with Familiar release in this regard.

nope, there is no binary for "Familiar" Linux as far as i know.. that's
a release question to the "Familiar" release maintainer you should pose
though..

largest problem is, we need a working Full Duplex Driver ;)
and with most cards only ALSA will be working sufficiently well...

> 4) how easy it is to port applications from Linux to Familiar
> embedded linux?

that's none of our business, really ;)
so you should yet again ask the release maintainer of "Familiar" Linux
about this one.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian