RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to Call to PC from POTs ??

Hi Dave,
> As a newbie, this is an important question for me too.  What I want to
> do is get rid of my local line and put the savings into the * system.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my limited understanding there is no
> way (yet) someone on the PSTN can dial your home phone.  This system is
> for outbound calls only....  Right?

let's say partially right..
what you can do is run "isdn2h323" on your router box (or application
server or whatever) and use that as GK for GM to register an ISDN MSN to
your GK alias.
Then all calls to that MSN will be ringing your GM (at least that's how
the theory tells..)

Problem with this is that you still use a local ISDN tap and that's what
you stated you want to get rid of..

On the other hand, the described PSTN gateway which is not able to map
your GK alias to a public phone number was based on the microtelco
account. There may be (and probably are) providers of PSTN gateways who
can offer such services.

However as we are only the client and not the PSTN gateway provider or a
telephone carrier, we don't collect this kind of information in terms
of: we do not actively search for it.. From time to time it happens that
people report issues here and that's all i know about this kind of
PC2Phone.

This being said, if you happen to run into a PSTN gateway provider or
carrier who can offer this kind of service, please let us know. ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian