Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Using mozilla firebird with callto: and h323: urls

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 23:40, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 21:45, daniel huhardeaux wrote:
Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

Hello,

I just thought I would let people here know:

Using the MozillaFirebird browser and the mozex exstension
(http://mozex.mozdev.org/) I can now launch gnomemeeting for h323: and
callto: urls!  According to the doco it will work with regular mozilla
as well.

I simply installed mozex, and then configured gnomemeeting as the
universal url handler, listing h323 and callto as the list of protocol
schemes.

Hello,

I tried with my mozilla 1.5-3 from debian unstable. I put <Schemes: h323,callto> and <command: /usr/bin/gnomemeeting> in mozex preferences, restart mozilla but always get h323 or callto protocol not registred if I try h323://user or callto://user domain The same if I just put h323:user. Am I doing something wrong or it's not working with last mozilla version? Had someone else tried with mozilla?
I have not tried mozilla.  I had a quick check again.  The command
should be specified as gnomemeeting -c, but I would not expect that to
cause your error.  I may get time to try this with with mozilla later.

OK - I have got it to work.

The 'trick' is that if you type h323:something in the location bar it
does not work, but if you click on an actual link on a page somewhere it
does.
Doesn't work for me (protocol not recognized). But doesn't matter, I will continue to use it normal way. Anyway thanks for information.

--
:  ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ __  daniel huhardeaux tootai com