Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Netmeeting - router/firewall

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:53:41 +0100
Jos De Laender <Jos De_Laender Pandora Be> wrote:

> (...)
> > most probably he has no MS-GSM installed (your reading of the FAQ could
> > do better than what you have proven)
> >

> Well , in fact I did read also that point :-) But probably I dropped it too
> early as a possible cause of trouble because all other non NAT'ed
> correspondents seem to work seamlessly with their standard netmeeting
> installation. I check it out next time ...

Then you have misread the documentation.

MS-GSM is NOT available in the standard NetMeeting installation, but it
is the low bandwidth codec of choice for interoperating with Open Source
endpoints such as GM. Without this, you will have to use G.711 which
requires 64kbps.

> > > I would appreciate any clue, reference etc ... to what is going on and
> > > how I could possibly solve it.
> >
> > maybe you want to try with the BLOG of Craig Southern and his
> > explanation about H323 and NAT: (he really explains in great detail
> > where NAT will fail and why)
> > http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl87w7/blog/
>
> Thanks for the reference !

I'd be interested in your opinion of my writing, and thank to Kilian for
advertising it :)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren, craigs postincrement com http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 PGP Key:     http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:        http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl87w7/blog/