Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Unexpected behavior between GM and RadVision MCU after MCU upgrade

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:31:34 -0800
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman es net> wrote:

..deleted

> > This could be something as simple as the ViaVideo client using the H.263
> > video codec, which allows larger video sizes than the H.261 codec
> > supported by GM. Perhaps the new MCU does not support split screen for
> > H.261 endpoints?
>
> Now we are getting somewhere. This is just what I was looking for. I've
> looked at debug logs for connects to both the old and new MCUs and see
> the following for the new MCU:

..deleted

> So the old MCU is sending CIF while the new is doing QCIF. The question
> is why? I presume it's something in the negotiation of the link, but I
> don't know quite what to look for. I can set he debug level higher and
> get all of the details, but it would be great to have some idea what to
> look for. --debug=5 generates a LOT of stuff, most of which is not too
> meaningful to me.

We need to look at the capability tables being exchanged during the call
setup to determine what is happening here. My guess is that the new MCU
has a different capability set from the old MCU, which causes a
different video mode to be negotiated.

I'd be happy to look at some level 5 trace logs for calls with both MCUs,
if you can email them to me direct (please compress them as well!). I'll
post the relavant parts back to the list after analysing them.

> Again, thanks so much for your comments. At least I'm now moving in the
> right direction.

No problems.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren, craigs postincrement com http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 PGP Key:     http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:        http://www.southeren.com/blog