[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: gnome-meeting issues

Le jeu 12/02/2004 à 17:57, Abhay Kumar Jha a écrit :
> dear sir
>
> I am an end user who is working on voip.We started with implementing it
> succesfully on windows & mac.In linux we chose to use ur gnomemeeting but
> we are not able to hear sound from both sides.sound comes from only one
> end that too with a lot of jitter.while installing with configuration
> druid when it tests audio it gives error saying /dev/dsp0 cant be opened
> for writing.I have went thru ur mailing list and read about similar probs
> but cudnt find the answers useful.My soundcard is full-duplex.

The answer is in the FAQ on the website. Your soundcard is perhaps
full-duplex but probably not your driver. Try ALSA.

Before installing ALSA, make sure there is not another process using
/dev/dsp0 (you can find that with lsof /dev/dsp0)

> So i cant guess whr the problem might be.any pointers from ur side wud be
> really helpful..
>
> Looking forward to ur reply
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com