Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Enforcing half-duplex?

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Conrad Beckert wrote:

> Pardon for jumping in ;-)

Be the most welcome! ;)

> It should be possible to cancel the echos: As the PC
> "knows" what it sent to the speakers it should be able
> to subtract exactly that from the stream it recieves
> from the microphone. (delayed a couple of microseconds
> - the time the sound travels from the speakers to the
> microphone + signal delay in the sound card)

Oh, that would be really great!  But I think we have to consider
the levels, too.  They largely depend on microphone sensitivity,
speaker acoustic efficiency and their amplification, as well as
relative position of speaker(s)/microphone(s) in the conference
room -- infinite combinations, that can easily change during
a few hours of meeting.

> I have no problems with feedback
> interference.

What is your setup?  Are you put by your peer on speakers while
you use a headset?  I think this is the combination that would
bother you the most. :)

Mihai