Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Other clients on windows

Le mercredi 29 décembre 2004 à 23:16 +0100, michel memeteau a écrit :
> Hi all , I was wondering if you ever test other H323 clients on Win32 than
> netmeeting. Even if it s intergrated , I would like to advice something more
> powerful , to my windows friend users .. so I tried Neos www.neosmt.com , which

Very nice tool!

> use jabber or any other Im network to get the IP and make the call , did youy
> try  it ?? THen I guess i need to have my Gaim opened and my GM , and I should
> receive a call when the guy try to call using jabber ....  Shall it be possible
> to retrieve the Ip from Jabber and Call gnomemeeting with only the IP address as
> arguments ??? could be a great Gaim plugin ( I know this question has been
> discussed already , but I wanted you point of view on the way neos does it )
> cheers all

GAIM developers do not want to cooperate, they do not want to hear from
GnomeMeeting.

However, Julien has been working with the Jabber guys to elaborate a
standard way to communicate voip info to contacts. He is now
collaborating with the GOSSIP people to make what you describe possible
with future versions of GnomeMeeting.

Actually, GnomeMeeting can already be started with any IP address or URL
on the command-line, it will either start it and start a call, or pass
the URL to any running instance of GnomeMeeting and start calling. The
only thing missing is a clean way to passe URLs to other contacts, so
not much is missing.

Finally, notice that we prefer keeping GnomeMeeting as a separate and
full client and integrate it with IM's, than merging both in one single
program.

Perhaps Julien can give more explanations regarding this topic, but you
raised an important point!