Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: 1.2

Le mercredi 22 décembre 2004 à 19:36 +0100, Jean-Christophe Dubois a
écrit :
> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 22:53 +0100, Kilian Krause wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2004, 22:37 +0100 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Any user using 1.2 and having problems with it?
> > >
> > > One Mandrake user reported me privately a crash when exiting, and
> > > another Mandrake user reported me problems with the camera.
> > >
> > > So either 1.2 has bugs that we have to fix, or there is a problem with
> > > the Mandrake package.
> >
> > or there's a problem in MdK 10.1 that's triggered by the package.
>
> Please note that 10.1 works fine with the provided 1.0.2 gnomemeeting
> version. Only when I try to install the 1.2 packages fetched from the
> gnomemeeting web site did I get trouble (and other programs like xawtv
> continue to work fine with the camera). Downgrading to 1.0.2 makes
> gnomemeeting work (as expected) again.
>

> > > Any report?
> >
> > If none i suspect that's a bad interoparability with Mdk and the driver.
>
> Once again the (USB webcam) driver works fine with 1.0.2 or xawtv.

Yes, unfortunately the video4linux plugin has not changed, so it is a
bit weird it doesn't work anymore. Probably compiling yourself would
help debugging, but it can be long and painful. You should do that only
if you want to help the project.

If you compile, at least GnomeMeeting, we can determine what doesn't
work. And then draw a conclusion. Without that, it is impossible to
determine what happens.