Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Camera problems

    AF>  I believe that the problem is in the USB driver or hardware
    AF> because I've tried three different cameras that use quickcam,
    AF> pwc, and ov511 drivers, and I have similar trouble with each.
    AF> I can use GM on my own machine which uses ohci_hcd.  The
    AF> problem is on my son's machine which uses uhci_hcd for
    AF> "Product=VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
    AF> Controller"
    AF>
    AF> In any case, here is the result of "thread apply all bt" after
    AF> killing GM after it freezes: [...]

    DS> I actually see no crash. Any potential problem would come from
    DS> the read operation on the V4L device. Have you tried other
    DS> software than gnomemeeting?

Yes.  xawtv sort of works.  If I use the mouse to drag the window
around the screen, it eventually freezes.  As root, I ran:

adrian:/home/andy# qcset compat=dblbuf /dev/video0
2

and then I got the following in the terminal from which I start xawtv:

andy adrian:~$ xawtv
This is xawtv-3.94, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.9amf)
/dev/video0 [v4l]: no overlay support
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCAP(driver="";card="";bus_info="";version=0.0.0;capabilities=0x0 [ ]): Unknown error 515
Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-ledfixed-medium-r-*--39-*-*-*-c-*-*-*" to type Fon tStruct
v4l: timeout (got SIGALRM), hardware/driver problems?
ioctl: VIDIOCSYNC(int=0): Interrupted system call
v4l: timeout (got SIGALRM), hardware/driver problems?

Earlier today, I've had problems with the webcam and found that
keyboard input failed and I had to either restart X or reboot the
machine.

Any advice?

--
Andy Fraser                                      Fraser Physics
andy FraserPhysics com                           3030 SW Sherwood Place