[GnomeMeeting-list] Which audio codec?

Hi,

I have managed to upgrade to GnomeMeeting 1.2, but
have only just managed to connect to a remote site
that I use for testing. The problem turned out to be
all those new audio codecs that GM 1.2 supports. For
example, I have currently disabled the follow codecs:

MS-IMA-ADPCM
SpeexNarrow-11k
Speexarrow-24.6k
SpeexWNarrow-8k

These codecs have also been pushed to the bottom of my
list of available codecs on the preferences tab.
However, if I enable any single one of them then I can
no longer connect to my remote site.

Can anyone explain to me how GnomeMeeting chooses
which audio codec it will use, please? Why should one
duff codec prevent me from connecting at all? And
which codec am I using when I do finally manage to
connect anyway?

Thanks for any assistance here,
Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Does anyone know if there's a NetMeeting
equivalent for GM's

h323:alias gatekeeper

syntax, please? I use the GnuGk on my router, but
can't really ask all NetMeeting-using callers to
register with it.