Re: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Poll

gnomemeeting-list-request gnome org a écrit :

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:41:47 +0000
From: Mirco Scaramucci <mircobeaker hotpop com>
Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Poll

There's really no other way of describing this problem.
The fact is that my webcam, whatever driver I have tried, counting in all the options such as havinng kernel source installed and so on, haven't worked at all and I'm still left dealing with having to restart everytime I want to be in Video contact with friends and family, which is quite often. I have already tested two different webcams with Suse and none of them has worked. All I am asking is for somebody to CLearly say: "This Webcam or that Webcam do really work on Suse or whatever. Up till now all the discussion forums I have joined, all te technical site I've contacted (including suse and the qce-ga) have been EXTREMELY vague and unhelpful.
What webcam do you actually use?
Is it working properly on your machine.
I am ready to buy a new one again as long as I am certain it won't be a waste of money again.

Sorry for offloading.

Mirco

I don't know if that will help

I use GM with creative webcam which use pwc module

to use it i should modify the option in the kernel config and run make modules and modules_install.

the option is on first menu you de select only drivers expected to compile cleanly

after you will see in device drivers /usb you wil be able to select phlips module

regards