Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Poll

> 1) I'm using GnomeMeeting :
b) For fun
c) for bringing some joy into the live of a colombian
woman - far far away from her family by
videoconferencing ...

> 2) I think that GnomeMeeting :
> 	c) is very stable

> 3) Regarding protocols :
 	a) I'm happy with H.323
maybe - if that makes live easier and allows
interaction with more counterparts:
 	b) I want SIP

> 4) My major concern was :
> 	a) Firewall/NAT problems

> 5) Regarding Skype :
	a) I think Skype has a bright future
if Gnomemeeting is doing well - it could develop into
something like "OpenSkype" ;-)
There should be
- an easy to install Windows version,
- an easy way to go through NAT (well
- H323 or something like that (any open video codecs
around? What about the Theora guys???)

Well, Damien, you mention later in the thread that you
don't want to become Gnomemeeting a warez.

Thanks to our stupid EU commission, some day any
software that not happes to be from Microsoft or some
other fat cat of the  software industry could be
"warez" (e.g. the simple double click - patend pending
by Microsoft, register cards - Adobe...) - not only
H263 But for now, fortunately that is not the case
(yet) --> http://swpat.ffii.org/ --- and in some lucky
countries (.ru .zn .br) there probably never will.

On the other hand I wouldn't consider Mplayer or Xine
"warez" by the mere fact that they indirectly use
codecs from FFMPEG (as OpenH323 does which is the base
for Gnomemeeting)

What about having a Gnomemeeting version for
patent-infested countries and some for the "free
world" - maybe with a compiler switch?

Thank's for the great software
Conrad

PS: Will there be a release party for Gnomemeeting
1.2???

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de