Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Philips camera support discontinued?

Le jeu, 26/08/2004 à 22:44 +0100, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> Clearly I don't really understand this, as a non-programmer.  Is it the case
> that this module can only work with that specific hook?  That other things
> manage to hook in to something already there, but for some reason this can't
> do so?

The kernel provides an interface where modules can hook ; a quite
generic interface, that is used by all modules (libre or not). The libre
pwc module creates its own hooking interface, just for the non-libre
pwcx: there is code in a GPL module that is there to enable a non-libre
module, and only that module.

Snark on #gnomemeeting