[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Re: PC-to-PC calls using Quicknet hardware?

Damien Sandras wrote:

> They have very good hardware chipsets. I believe that quicknet hardware
> should cancel echo when using Webcam + loudspeakers, but I have never
> tried myself, I far prefer using a headset or a normal phone with my
> quicknet card.

Headphones are not very suitable when there is more than one person on one
side. For instance, to establish a videoconference between two groups of
people the ability to use loudspeakers is vital. So far, I have only seen
expensive H323 hardware appliances (Aethra, Polycom, etc.) doing a decent
job in this scenario. I don't know if there is something special about the
hardware or about software running inside those appliances, but I still
haven't found software (for Windows or Linux) that matches their
performance even close. That's why I was hoping that some owner of a
Quicknet card shared his experience on the subject of echo cancellation.

Mark