Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Alsa idea

péntek 30 április 2004 17:30 dátummal Damien Sandras ezt írta:
> Le ven, 30/04/2004 ŕ 17:23 +0200, Háber János a écrit :
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > péntek 30 április 2004 17:16 dátummal Damien Sandras ezt írta:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This is not possible to do. The reason is simple: GnomeMeeting
> > > autodetects the list of available and usable devices. You can not
> > > specify yourself a device name.
> > >
> > > While specifying yourself a device name is something good for advanced
> > > users, it has little interest for average users and complicates things.
> > >
> > > So, just choose the device you want to use, and here you go!
> >
> > Hmm, because DMIX is "attached"...
> > I think if you can attach DMIX you can attach any other plugin.
> What do you mean?
> Of course supporting any other plugin is easy, but DMIX is the only
> requested one ;)

But DMIX is only playback plugin. asym is a fullduplex plugin. So if GM use
default, the user can make custom plugins in userspace (example use asym, or
dmix, or other). I think it's a gooood way, to solve many sound problem
(example I use arts (with ALSA) , xmms (with ALSA), and aoss, arecord with
same time (asym rulz)). Some peopola have not full duplex card, their last
change is the asym plugin.

If you use "default" not DMIX, the user can use their sound configuration
(with or without DMIX)

Because If you say how can I change "dmix" to my plugin I do it and compile a
custom GM ;)

- --
Háber János		mailto:boci dravanet hu
ICQ Uin:73963523

Fingerprint: EC31 2ABB 041F DA6C AE7C 6B45 7962 5707 C033 1A33
Public Key:
Key Identifier: 0xC0331A33
Key Server:
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)