[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: some doubts

Le jeu, 29/04/2004 à 13:32 +0530, jayaram a écrit :
> hi,
> Sorry to write to you directly without any introduction
> but i was hoping you could clear some of the doubts that
> i have
> I am working on my Final year project on multipoint
> video conferencing using openh323.I am using linux as my
> platform and have the following goals

Sounds interesting :)

> 1)high resolution large video
>
> is it possible to do this without enabling h.263? inspite of
> my best efforts i have not been able to run open h323 with
> h.263

It should be possible without H.263. I've seen some patches on the
OpenH323 mailing list indicating support for SIF, QSIF, 2CIF (iirc). I
think they should be generic enough to be usable with H.261 even if they
were done for H.263.

> 2)recording at the server
>
> I am thinking of using gnome meeting for this but
> have the following doubts.

I think that if you are recording at the server side, you should do it
with the server itself, not with the client. But having that feature
contributed back to GM would be a great thing.

> 1)does gnome meeting support the h.263 codec?
> the openh323 project supports it but says
> it is not standard.does GM implement
> 263 in a different way (if it does)

GnomeMeeting doesn't support H.263 yet, but Guilhem Tardy has made the
necessary patches for OpenH323, so integrating it to GnomeMeeting should
be as trivial as adding a capability. There is a FAQ about those patches
on http://www.voxgratia.org

> 2)how do you implement full screen?
> i read you do it using sdl ..
> if that is so then are there any other ways of enabling fullscreen?

Of course. Basically, OpenH323 is sending you pictures in buffers, just
scale the buffers and display them the way you want.

> 3)can i implement a system to record the conference ?

Yes, that's possible.

> i have done so in openh323 but the trouble is that
> the video that i record plays back too fast....
> i guess that is a problem with the codecs i am using

Yes probably, apparently you have done the hard part.